Easter weekend is a four-day weekend here, because the Friday before and the Monday after are public holidays in Bavaria and much of Europe. Not wanting to waste a long weekend, I went to Prague.
Some notes before the pictures and story:
- The Hotel Victoria is pretty convenient to the tram lines, and the room was surprisingly nice for the low rates.
- Never again will I use an ALEX (Arriva Länderbahn Express) train to go anywhere. It was not a happy experience, either to or from Prague. We were treated like cattle on the way there. Give me a DB train any day.
- Inside Prague, where tourism is huge, we didn’t have any trouble even though neither of us speak Czech. There was plenty of English. Except on the aforementioned ALEX trains.
- The entire weekend, from rail to hotel to food and attractions, was actually very affordable. I just wish the weather had been a little bit better…
- While there are thirty-four pictures in this post, there are over 240 in my SmugMug gallery from Prague. Feel free to click through that if you like.
On with the pictures and story!