I got in earlier today, after being awake for nearly 24 hours. I’m too tired to write a substantial entry right now, but I wanted to jot down a few thoughts.
- I really profoundly dislike the Dusseldorf airport. Lots and lots and lots of stairs. No ATMs or other means of getting Euros inside of the secured area. And I had to go through security *again* there after clearing passport control. (Still less annoying than Miami International though.)
- I had no idea just how much of the land between Munich and Regensburg is farmland. According to the shuttle driver, much of it is hops. For Bavarian beer. I approve.
- The cold isn’t what’s bugging me about the climate, it’s the absolute zero humidity. My skin has already dried out and I’ve been in country less than twelve hours. I’ll have to hunt down some moisturizing stuff tomorrow; I can’t stand this papery dry feeling on my hands.
- I’m tickled to death at television here. I put on a station this afternoon and it’s played Big Bang Theory, Scrubs, How I Met Your Mother, The Simpsons, and Futurama- all in German. (And the voices in the German dub on Scrubs were spot on!)
- I am ashamed to admit that my first meal in Germany was Burger King. I was tired and just wanted to grab food and get back to the hotel room, so I went with vaguely-familiar-and-easy. I’ll try to experiment more later, I promise.
- I feel like I had a lot more to say here, but I’ve been awake for a looooooong time and I’m not thinking too clearly. Stay tuned for more!