Back in November, the inimitable Rarasaur nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. I don’t usually do Blog awards, because that’s just not what this blog is about. However, Rara is one of my very favorite bloggers, so I wanted to pay this forward a little bit. Better late than never, right?
Here’s the Sunshine Blogger Award Rules:
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- State 5 things about yourself.
- Pass the award onto 8 other bloggers and link to one of their specific posts so that they get notified by pingback.
Five Things About Me:
- I love old TV shows that almost nobody remembers, like Streethawk, Flying Blind, Lush Life, Automan, and Mr. Merlin.
- I do a really good George Takei impression. And a pretty decent Mickey Mouse as well. And while we’re on the subject of stupid human tricks, I can make the sound of one hand clapping.
- I am chorally trained. I sang in high school and for the first three and a half years of college. I sing in the Bass-Baritone range and used to be part of a barbershop quartet. I also have a secret stash of recordings of me doing Karaoke in the early 1990s. Tell no one.
- I have some form of headache almost every day. Some are mild sinus things, and some are walloping migraines. I’m used to it.
- I have seen the Village People perform live in concert on several separate occasions. I would kill to acquire a recording of their live version of Iko-Iko.
For those who I am about to pass the award on to, please don’t feel obligated to do anything with it. The award isn’t created by any official group, like a WordPress Advisory Board or anything. It’s just one set of bloggers showing appreciation for the contributions of other bloggers.
However- I don’t like chain letters or posts that say “pass this on or else.” While I am following the rules of the award by listing eight bloggers below, my linking to you here doesn’t mean you’re required to do anything about it.
Moving on, then.
I hereby pass this award onto these 8 bloggers, in no particular order:
- Das Regensblog: For seemingly being more amused than I am about living in Regensburg. Plus lots of tasty food posts.
- Sarah Stäbler: For being an incredibly happy and optimistic person.
- TQE | That Queer Expatriate: For just having a generally well-rounded, fun to read blog.
- Ifs, Ands, & Butts: For being well-travelled, informative, and fun.
- Pink Parliament: For incredible enthusiasm in the face of a new and different life in an unfamiliar country.
- The Impossible Quest: For having impeccable taste in Sci-Fi, tv, movies, and the like.
- Geek Mädel: For being insanely interesting. And interestingly insane.
- Pop Culture Boner: For being consistently hilarious and occasionally thought-provoking while talking about my favorite subject in the world.