Today marks 500 days until the end of my time in Germany. On the 31st of October, 2014, my residence permit expires and my employment term wraps up. That’s a little over one year and four months from now- it turns out I actually passed the halfway mark back in May.
So, 500 days. I’ve got a lot to do in that time.
- I haven’t been to Neuschwanstein yet.
- I haven’t been up to have lunch on the peak of the Zugspitze.
- I’m going to see Paris in a few months.
- Despite living close to Munich, I haven’t been to Oktoberfest yet.
- I want to see the Tulip Festival in Holland.
- I kinda want to see Mini Europe in Brussels.
- I want to see Carnival in Cologne.
- I want to see the suspended trains in Wuppertal.
- I haven’t been into Poland, Romania, Turkey, or Croatia yet, and I’d like to. And maybe Greece, if there’s time.
I’ve got a lot to do. I’d better get started.